Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Well, I can proudly say that I have survived my first road trip with the future in-laws! And what a whirlwind of a road trip it was - we went from LA to the Bay Area and back within 33 hours...

Our trip started Saturday morning, the sun was shinning and it was going to be a beautiful day in LA. But I was lucky enough to be stuck in the car for 6 hours staring at this...

and this...

When I thought I couldn't take staring at the drab scenery anymore, we finally got to our hotel in Pleasant Hill. We had enough time to clean up, get ready and then we were off to the party. Oh ya - did I mention that the reason for our trip was to celebrate David's second cousin's husband's surprise 65th birthday? 

We get to the party and are greeted by Wayne2


Wayne is the birthday boy and Wayne2 is the cardboard cutout of the birthday boy. We entertained ourselves throughout the party by taking random pictures with Wayne2

me and David's cousin Lexi
 
me and David

The party was a lot of fun, and it was nice to get to meet more of the extended family. They had a taco bar that had the best tacos I have ever had. I have to find out the name of the place that catered it, I am pretty sure that it was from somewhere in Concord, so I will definitely be visiting there again... Sunday we had brunch with the family and then I got to stare at more of this

for roughly 6 hours. It was so nice to get back home and see the little bit of sunshine that was left in the day...



3 comments:

Kaysie said...

Cute outfit!

School Day Love said...

I stumbled across your blog today- cute! Can't wait to follow your wedding adventures!

k said...

Wayne2 continuously cracks me up. That's so funny.