Thursday, April 7, 2011

There’s a Mouse in my House!

Well… not anymore…
Every morning after I blow dry my hair, I go upstairs to my room to get dressed. I then go back downstairs drop off my shoes and purse in the kitchen and then go back into the bathroom to finish doing my hair. This morning I followed the same routine except I had all of my bags for the weekend to drop off in the kitchen along with my purse (I am heading to David’s after work today). I drop my bags off on the rug in front of the stove, do my hair, come back into the kitchen and what do I find right between me and my bags???

OH MY GOODNESS!
Now I am not a very skittish person, but I screamed like a little girl when I saw that big tiny guy. After getting over the initial shock, I contemplated what I was going to do with him. My first thought was to just leave him for my mom to find (I know – not very nice of me), but if my dog happened to find him first that would be not good at all. So I got the broom and dust pan and swept him up and threw him away.

I have had two questions running through my head all morning long:
1.       Did I somehow manage to miss the fact that I was stepping over a dead mouse while I was putting my bags on the floor this morning?
or
2.       In the 5 minutes between putting my bags on the floor, doing my hair, and coming back into the kitchen did the mouse run out of its hiding spot and die so I could find him?
Did I mention that all of this happened at 5:40am?
On a side note: Please say a prayer for my friend Kaysie’s mom, she is having surgery today…
I hope that everyone has a great weekend!!


6 comments:

k said...

Gah! Not a fan! Mice, though tiny and appearing to look like they might be soft, still creep me the eff out.

Even more so once dead. Ugh.

Mikelle Jade said...

He's actually pretty cute :)
How funny. I'm sure you just stepped over him the first time, but it would make a great story to think he crawled out with his last breath to let you find him. What a blessing, if he had died under the bed or something it would smell bad!

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

OMG, i have total phobia of mouse. OMG one day I kind of saw one running quickly through the kitchen wall... well I couldn't get off the chair until hubby cam back from work.

But how come was it dead? I am glad it was dead though. Even seeing a picture makes me go in OMG state.

I am your new follower.

I will say a prayer for your friend's mom, everything will be fine in God's name.

Aja said...

Ohmygosh!! I hate mice! And rats! Well, rodents of all kind, really.. :) What a way to start your morning! You were very brave to just sweep him up!

Ross said...

All I can say is wow!! Big guy to! My wife would have been beside herself with this guy. I really like your site and look forward to coming back to read more.

Courtney B said...

Oh my! I would've screamed too... YUCK! What a way to REALLY wake you up :)