Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

On Friday I was at one of my favorite stores, Michaels, and came across this super cute little set to bake Red Velvet Whoopie Pies. Although I had never made a whoopie pie, let alone eat one, I thought that this was just way to cute for me to pass up.


So I bought 2 packages of the mix, a heart shaped platter, cupcake holders and was on my merry way to bake these bad boys for my work today…

Last night after our very productive weekend (which I will blog about later) Mom and I set to baking. They were pretty easy to make. They had this little template to pipe the batter out into heart shapes



Let them bake for 9 minutes and they come out looking a bit more like red blobs than red hearts…



Then put a dollop of icing in between 2 blob shaped hearts



These may not have turned out as cute as I hoped, but all 24 that I made were gone within 3 hours at work… I’d say they were a success!


Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!!!

XOXO

1 comment:

k said...

Super cute! (and I'd totally eat one.)