Thursday, February 3, 2011

Just a Random Night….

I decided to make a gift basket for David’s cousin as a Thank You for taking our Engagement Pictures this weekend. I already bought the basket, wine, and wine glasses and wanted to put that piece together in order to determine what else the basket needed.

After seeing the above product I thought that a cute picture frame would look nice in the center, with maybe a fun wine stopper or two, and wine glass markers. So off Mom and I head to our favorite random thingymajig store, Ross.
We get to our garage (which opens up to the alley), open the garage door, and what do we see? A shiny grey Prius parked right in front of our garage door, blocking our exit. What?!?! How dare this person park their car in front of our garage! I hop in the car and start pounding on the horn in the most obnoxious cadences that I could come up with, while my mom starts walking down the alley to see if she could find the person. After 10 minutes (and yes, the horn was going the whole time) I decided that it was time to call the tow company. I jump out of the car, grab my phone, start dialing, and I see this man coming down the alley...
Mom – Is this your car?!?!
Man – (head down, no eye contact) Yes, ma’am.

Then Mom and I (the Psychotic Blonde Duo) proceeded to berate the man in extremely high pitched screeches until his car was pulled away from our garage. **Sigh** And then we were off on our shopping adventure.

We get to Ross and find not a single thing that we think will look nice for the basket. But we each managed to go home with 3 new pairs of shoes!
Not shown is the duplicate pair of white sandals (we have similar taste)…
We made a desperate dash to Target (I really wanted to finish the basket that night) where I got a cute picture frame and some of those amazing Lindor Chocolate Truffles.
 

And there is my final product… I feel so much better now that that is taken care of…

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love the pink flowery sandals! So cute! :)